Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy HALF-AVERSARY!!!!!

Who doesn't love a "Fashionably Late" party guest?!!

(Pssst! Me. I loathe them. I mean, how flippin' rude, right? One doesn't simply put the TIME option on the invitation as a guideline... Sheesh. What nerve!)

Ahem... As I was saying, sometimes the real advantage goes to the F.L. party guest:
  • They don't feel uncomfortable by being the first ones there (aka they don't feel obligated to start conversation with every. single. guest. who shows up after them
  • They get a room FULL of smiles, hugs, and cheery greetings (and maybe a few sloppy, slurry, "How ares yas?" from those who freqented the bar too much already)
  • They get to bring more food (and at that time, since everyone has already eaten, it REALLY won't matter if they made it from scratch or bought it at the store on their way to said party)
Anywho, I have found that I, myself, have become the latest party guest in HISTORY! I'm talkin', the party now consists of deflated baloons, sad looking streamers, and a bunch of half empty red Solo cups EVERYWHERE...

But... But... I brought... THIS-


Yep. And now, it's all for meeeeeeeee!! Spoon, anyone?

So, what party am I late to, that now you're soooo bummed you totally missed?? Why, it's the

12x12 in 2012 Half-Way There celebration!!!!

http://www.juliehedlund.com/2012/06/25/were-halfway-there/




Yep! We made it half-way through the challenge! And, I am proud to say that I have written, and finished SIX mannys! Holy cow!! And I am sooooo lucky to have had my hand held the entire way... In our 12x12 group, we've had more encouragement, success stories, tragedies prayed for, babies born, love spread, stories shared, virtual hugs given, and ideas sparked, than I believe has EVER happened in six months time. I am so PROUD to be a part of this group!


You must see the creative ways that my pals are celebrating! I've seen crosswords, read fantastic parodies of songs, and even listened to a sweet jingle! We've had pictures posted, and glasses clinked... It truly IS a fabulous party!


As for me? I am celebrating by continuing to write... Manny #7 is on its way, and I am THRILLED about it. I won't lie, though, this Bloomin' Onion and deeeelish drink suuuurrree is fabulous on this hot summer evening...




Happy Half-Aversary, my wonderful 12x12ers!!  Keep up the great work! What amazing things we have yet to come up with!! I am honored to be standing on this platform with you! And of course, thanks to Julie Hedlund... The very brains behind this whole thing!!!


Six more, y'all!! Let's do this!!



41 comments:

  1. Congrats! Bloomin' onions are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half-aversary! I so love the way you summed up the wonderfulness of this group. It goes way beyond writing picture books. If we've accomplished all this from just January to June, think of all that could happen from July to December! Here's to the next six months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Beth!! We are so lucky to have this wonderful group!

      Delete
  3. I arrived not many ahead of you, Bethany, and since I'm in the Atlantic time zone I was concerned for awhile that I would get here just after the door was closed and locked. But we made it!
    Good for you for having written six manuscripts! I'm sure you will have several more by the end of 2012. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WooHoo!! Then we shall party together, and loot the pockets of all those passed out on the floor! Oh wait, did I just say that outloud? Oops! ;) Congrats, Lynn!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, to six manuscripts, one on the way AND that your pitch entry was just selected as one of the winners! What a yar so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your successes this year and winning the pitch contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a great year for writing so far! Congratulations on your brand new manuscripts and happy halfway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed your post and LOVED the strawberry dessert! Good luck on the next six months!

    Donna L Martin
    Www.donnalmartin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Now get over here and help me eat it! ;) Congratulations on your pitch entry win!!

      Delete
  8. Same to you, Bethany. Gotta love the lady bearing giant strawberries--late or not! Good luck with the second half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you, too, Dana!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Loved your intro! Congrats on your 6 mannys Bethany!!! Yummy celebration btw - I haven't had one of those in soooo long- Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't had a STRAWBERRY??? Or maybe a Bloomin' Onion? If it's a Strawberry, we have 2 seasons a year... Pick when you're coming out, and I'll stuff yo' face!! ;)

      Love you! Congrats on getting this far!

      Delete
  10. Better late than never, to keep the cliches going! And I LOVE that you've coined us a new term - mannys. Now let's belly up to the bar, shall we? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mannys is a far better term than "ms"... Sounds so boring for what they are!

      Which direction is that bar? I seem to have lost one shoe, and I'm almost sure I'm wearing Beth Stilborn's glasses...

      Delete
    2. That's why I'm stumbling around with everything blurry! I wondered what had happened... thought I must have come across a book, and took my glasses off to read with the book snuggled up close to my face. Can't have been that I was partying too hard. No, can't have been that... ;-)

      Delete
  11. I love the Happy Half-aversary phrase. Had a friend whose anniversary and her son's b'day were the same day so they did a Happy Birth-a-versary. And with great friends late is still welcome - we all know how life gets in the way. Congrats on your 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Bethany...welcome to the party. :)
    I commented on the first 24...and then had to deal with wildfires in Colorado Springs and now I am on vacation in Chicago. I had a little time so I decided to start commenting again...but this time from the bottom of the list!
    Congrats on the first six months of 12x12...it's amazing, isn't it? And happy writing and best of luck for the second half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! Are you okay?? Those wildfires sure are intense... We have many friends out there on the line fighting that crazy fire. Praying all is well for you, and that you are enjoying Chicago!

      Congrats to you, and many success for the next six!

      Delete
  13. Love the strawberry dessert that's a great way to join a party! Congrats and nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being fashionably late means a grand entrance. You definitely made a GRAND ENTRANCE here. Thanks for bringing the HUGE strawberry. What a great way to celebrate your HUGE success. Cheers to another 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, *blushes* thank YOU, Romelle! Cheers to you, and may you have MANY things to celebrate come December 31st!

      Delete
  15. My mannys thank you for giving them a name, too:) And that's one HUGE STRAWBERRY. I would dive face first in and not come out til you dragged me by the soles of my feet. Actually...I'm pretty sure you would join me, right? ...Right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... YES! Yes I would! Haha Thanks, Carter! Happy Half-Aversary to you!

      Delete
  16. Who said I left the party?!? ;) I like the cake! I will share my LEGO Erik and book with you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who said, "Success is 99% showing up."? Was it Einstein? Was it Magic Johnson? Or maybe it was just ME! Anyway, you showed up - on every level, all the way along, so congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! Happy Half-Aversary, and congrats on getting this far!

      Delete
  18. You finished 6 mannys, as in polished? Man you're good! Guess you earned 6 cocktails to go with that onion, but you might want to hit the all-you-can-eat bar first! No doubt this is reason to celebrate and better late than not! What IS that strawberry made of, pray tell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Polished"?? What is this "Polished", you speak of? HA! I have two boys under the age of 6, Julie. I'M barely polished!! ;) I'd say that 3 of them are good enough to submit, but not all of them!

      And, I think that the Strawberry is a giant shortcake, type cake! YUM!

      Delete
  19. So I've read the first and last post. Now off to tackle the middle and catch up on all the fun. Congrats on the manuscripts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are SO many!! Good luck, and Happy Half-Aversary!

      Delete
  20. I agree Bethany...Julie is the brain behind this whole thing--but ALSO the heart behind it. It took and continues to take heart. Thanks Julie from a grateful new writer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would have LOVED to have seen the chocolate TUB that strawberry could be dipped into!!!!
    Congrats on your half-way mark in 12x12in2012 Picture Book Challenge. Wishing you an even more exciting second half!

    ReplyDelete